Many people do not use the internet. Most community gardens in the history of time were organized without it! We encourage you to connect with your neighbors in real time and in real space, face to face. If you have your eyes on a certain lot on your block, why not put up a sign for your neighbors to join your efforts? This way you can catch the attention of the people who live, work, and play on your block - and grow community there. You can make your own, or you can use one of our lot signs:
- Eye-Catching Lot Poster: GROW COMMUNITY HERE!
- Public Lot Poster: Fill-in-the-blank for publically-owned lots
- Private Lot Poster: Fill-in-the-blank for privately-owned lots
- Decide which of these posters is best to capture the interest and imagination of neighbors on your block, or create your own! We could also work together to make a lot sign with your info and our info: contact us at email@example.com
- If you would like to use our posters, right-click on the link above and select "save target as".
- Print, laminate, and post on a lot.
- Make sure there is a way for neighbors to find out more and to connect to your neighborhood group.
- Include your phone numbers, emails, and the Grounded in Philly website.
- Build support!
- Dream big!
- Develop a strategy together to get permission to use the land, to build community, support, and a beautiful neigbhorhood project.
- Use Grounded in Philly as one of your organizing tools and as a source of information and resources.