Tagged: bugs, community, gardening, GIS, map making, pollinator, urban ecology
- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 11 months ago by Anonymous.
- April 12, 2019 at 8:58 am #217722AnonymousInactive
My name is Doug. My wife and I grow on a small plot in Andorra, and our church (Roxborough Church) hosts a community garden at Ridge and Port Royal. I’m an entomologist and urban ecologist by profession, so I’m interested in the role farms and gardens play in the ecology of the city. In my work, I do a lot of GIS analysis and map making, and I’d be happy to volunteer those services to the Philly urban agriculture community as time allows. I’m always up for talking about bugs, too. My main interest is in pollinators, but I realize there are less popular bugs that gardeners deal with, and we can talk about those, too.
- April 12, 2019 at 11:19 am #217723aliKeymaster
Welcome to the Grapevine Doug! Sounds like you’re up to some really awesome work. During one of our surveys we previously had a request to map out school gardens- so maybe that would be something that’s up your alley?
- April 12, 2019 at 1:46 pm #217727AnonymousInactive
Sure, that sounds pretty straightforward. If anyone needs it, my email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.